Journal of Regional Section of Serbian Medical Association in Zajecar

Year 2005     Volumen 30     Number 3
Home ] Gore/Up ]<<< ] >>> ]
UDK: 615.38(497.11)"2003/2004"(083.47) ISSN 0350-2899, 30(2005) 3 p. 115-118
Original paper

The Application Directed Chemotherapy Principle in Negotin Medical Centre

Biljana Paraskijević (1), Biljana Todorović-Kazimirović (1), Ivanka Milošević Manojlović(2)
(1) Zdravstveni centar Negotin, Služba za transfuziju krvi
(2) Zdravstveni centar Zaječar, Služba za transfuziju krvi



  Summary: Directed chemotherapy means aimed givings of only that part of blood which the patient needs. The aim of our research is to show the application of directed chemotherapy with patients treated in the Health Care Centre in Negotin. This research covers 220 patients treated in 2003 and 2004. The analysis of applications of whole blood, blood components and blood derivatives with these patients and other ward distributions was done retrospectively. During this two-year period the following was given: 144 whole blood units, 1888 red blood cell concentrate, 106 fresh frozen plasma units, 881 frozen plasma units, 276 doses of 50 ml Albumin 20% and 2 autologous blood units, which makes the total of 3297 blood units and chemoproducts. The majority of chemoproducts were distributed to the surgery ward (50%). Only 7% of whole blood is applied in the transfusion ward in Negotin nowadays, with a tendency to abandon such a practice. The rest 93% is used for preparation of components. The application of plasma is still unreasonable and excessive.
Key words: directed chemotherapy, blood components, justified indications

Note: full text in Serbian
Napomena: kompletan tekst rada na srpskom jeziku

  Corresponding Address:
Biljana Paraskijević
G.P.I. V8-4/3, 19 300 Negotin
tel: 019/542-687; fax: 019/544-296
e-mail: binpa@ptt.yu
  Paper received: 01.09.2005.
Paper accepted: 17.11.2005.
Published online: 16.12.2005.
Home ] Gore/Up ]<<< ] >>> ]
Infotrend Crea(c)tive Design Revised: 20 May 2009